The Project Manager III is primarily responsible for providing overall direction for multiple projects and developing new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, groups of Clients or geographical area. Projects may involve more than one discipline.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Initiates and maintains liaison with client to facilitate construction activities including assessing scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Represents Company at bid, project and strategy meetings, etc. as applicable to the project.
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy, including preparing complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and contracting.
- Plans, organizes and staffs key field positions through operation department heads or subordinate project/construction managers.
- Supervises and/or monitors through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures, as necessary.
- Provides technical assistance (i.e., interpretation of drawings) and recommends construction methods and equipment, as required. Initiates and maintains extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Manages financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.